Monday, August 22, 2005

this pill, this melodrama

an ambiguous title which in simple terms, yells 'love psychedelico', YEAH!!

How funny. I can't see the blog but luckily I can still post. Ah, you know Gang got addicted to love psychedelico coz of 'standing bird'! One day she came to my room and asked whether I had any nice song to recommend. Then I randomly picked one and there it was 'standing bird'. Only a few words make sense to me but most often even those familiar sounds escape me. 'Ai ja sobani nai somewhat of a 'ride & role'. ' - This's the only complete line I know. If anyone would to ask 'what is love psychedelico'? It would be a headache question to answer. A blend of rock and metal which exude a laid-back attitude, almost a faded rhythm that reminds me vaguely of the 60s. Mixture of Japanese & English aside, Kumi's voice is just right for the flavour! I used to complain about Naoki's instrumental arrangement.(that guitarist, bass, keyboard and what not. so let's simply say he's the vocaless part) Lots of raging beats that lack sophistication and technique. But graudually even those became part of love psychedelico's essense. The first song that got me empty my wallet for the 1st LP album was 'everybody needs someone'. The effect of enclosed sound from the headphone prob enhanced the rhythmic shock. Kumi's voice is clean, not too sharp, not too mellow. And the detachment in the rage, I'm really glad I get to know them. Oh, 'standing bird' is prob the most representative song of LS.

Bonus: i love all their album/single cover designs.

LP Official Website

Profile [from the official web]



Formed in 1997 when they met in the college music club so called “circle” at Aoyama Gakuin University. Made their debut with “Lady Madonna / Yuutsu Naru Spider” on April 21st 2000. In the meantime, they created the original sound world, bringing a great fusion of 60’s/ 70’s rock taste and modern digital sound.With unforgettable guitar riff, their characteristic Japanese-English naturally blended lyrics and Kumi’s unconventional vocal style, they gave Japanese music scene a tremendous impact every time they brought their new works.The first album “THE GREATEST HITS”, second album “LOVE PSYCHEDELIC ORCHESTRA” and third album “LOVE PSYCHEDELICO III” have still been making a remarkable record as a long term hit seller.In November 2004, they went on their first time Asian solo tour.

KUMI【Vocal & Guitars】
Date of Birth>1976.4.11      Blood Type>O
Born at>Tokyo-prefecture    Hobby>Trip

NAOKI【Guitars, Bass Guitars & Keyboards】
Date of Birth>1973.7.21      Blood Type>O
Born at>Shizuoka-prefecture  Hobby>Painting

Single Covers





Album Covers










My fav LP song is 'days of days over you' ^^

No comments: